Requirements for +ve assessment ANZSCO Code 242111

Storm fighter

Hi everyone,

This is really important and I need big help here, as this point may blow my dreams away ...

University Lecturer is group A which states:

Group A Occupations require a qualification which is at least at the level of an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Bachelor degree, in a field highly relevant to the nominated occupation. In addition to this, the applicant must have at least one year of post-qualification employment in a field which is highly relevant and at an appropriate skill level to your nominated occupation completed in the five years before the date of application for a Skills Assessment.

I have Bachelor in Civil engineering and PhD,and my work experience is University Lecturer, so this is ok for the one year employment condition ,,, but what about the qualification in highly relevant field,,, does this mean Bachelor in Education or what....

If anyone here knows anything about this .. please HELP :)

Hi everyone,

This is really important and I need big help here, as this point may blow my dreams away ...

University Lecturer is group A which states:

Group A Occupations require a qualification which is at least at the level of an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Bachelor degree, in a field highly relevant to the nominated occupation. In addition to this, the applicant must have at least one year of post-qualification employment in a field which is highly relevant and at an appropriate skill level to your nominated occupation completed in the five years before the date of application for a Skills Assessment.

I have Bachelor in Civil engineering and PhD,and my work experience is University Lecturer, so this is ok for the one year employment condition ,,, but what about the qualification in highly relevant field,,, does this mean Bachelor in Education or what....

If anyone here knows anything about this .. please HELP :)

Depends on what you were teaching.

May I suggest that you run your case past a registered migration agent?

Thanks wrussell,

I'm teaching courses in Civil Engineering ,,, my BSc, PhD, and teaching are all in the same field .. but my concern is about the sentence that says that the qualification should by highly relevant to the nominated occupation ... and since lecturer is classified as education, would this mean qualification in Education or not ..

It should be not because University Lecturers are specialized in their fields only and it is not necessary to have qualification in education to be a Lecturer ..

I appreciate ur suggestion, but where I live now there are no registered agents, plus i'm not sure if i would be able to afford it or not :(

Archived