Hi all !

Guest FiremanMart

Guest FiremanMart

Hi all !

I am finally able to take part as a fellow applicant rather than just a spectator. We (that's my wife and two kids (M 16 & F 13) have finally submited our TRA application today after 5 months of sweat and graft.

I have a brother in Maroochydore, close to Brisbane and have travelled the east coast myself but we are unsure as to where we are heading just yet. I am interested in Brisbane or more likely Perth but also want to consider South Australia...what do you think ? My cousin (Glen&Kate) has also just arrived in Brisbane and he is the one that introduced me to this site.

Anybody know what the current processing time is for the TRA ? :

Look forward to asking many stupid, mundane questions and sharing my frustration and emotional ups & downs with you all...

:D

Guest jenny.morris

Hi,

Rob and I submitted his TRA app on 01/08/06, and are hoping for a response by the end of the first week in Sept. The SLA for TRA processing is now 10 working days for occupations on the MODL, and 20 if not, but you've got to allow for postage time. You're supposed to get an acknowledgement of the app immediately, which we did (again allowing for postage time), so fingers crossed we'll hear soon.

Rob's app is as a gasfitter (on MODL), but we're a bit nervous as he's only got 4.5 years experience. The blurb says "If you don't have a qualification, you must have 6 years experience", so we're hoping that this means that if you do have the qualification, you don't necessarily need 6 years. However, from what we've heard, the TRA is very strict!

Very best of luck with your application.

Jenny and Rob :D

Guest jenny.morris

Hi Mart,

Just thought I'd let you know that we got the TRA decision on Tuesday, therefore 28 days from start to finish including postage time. It was a "yes" by the way, which we were thrilled at, with Rob not having 6 years experience!

Fingers crossed for yours.

Jenny and Rob

Guest FiremanMart

Jenny,

Well done !

I'm really pleased (and not in the least bit jealous :wink: ) for the pair of you.

My agent has advised me that our application arrived at the TRA on the 29th August...my Birthday!. I hope that's a good omen.

Well, not much more to do than wait now I suppose. Might start knitting or something to keep me occupied. I was going to make a Surf Board but the wife won't donate the ironing board...

Best wishes to you and yours...

F

Archived