Motorbike Shipping

davidtiffen

Hi

I am looking to ship my motorcycle from UK to Australia and have a private plate moved from my car to the motorbike so I can have in Australia.

However when the motorbike arrives in Australia will the authorities issue a new registration or will I be able to keep the UK plate on the bike?

Also does anyone know a good shipping company that can pack and ship and deal with authorities etc?

Thanks for any help

You will be issued with a registration plate of the state in which you live ( motor vehicle registration is a state government function).

Have you read Iron Chef's sticky on transporting vehicles? I don't know if he mentions companies by name but he is the resident PIO guru on these matters.

Sorry but this has to be one of the dumbest questions I've ever seen. Why on earth do you think that you could use a UK licence plate in Australia? You will have to get a new driving licence and even if you move to another state within Australia you have to get a new licence and number plate.

Hi

I am looking to ship my motorcycle from UK to Australia and have a private plate moved from my car to the motorbike so I can have in Australia.

However when the motorbike arrives in Australia will the authorities issue a new registration or will I be able to keep the UK plate on the bike?

Also does anyone know a good shipping company that can pack and ship and deal with authorities etc?

Thanks for any help

Hi,

We've just shipped ours in our 20ft container with John Mason. They crated it and it looked secure enough!Australia Motor Bikes - Importing information.pdf

I've tried to attach a file which my help?

Cheers.

Australia Motor Bikes - Importing information.pdf

You will have to get a new driving licence ................

Not necessarily. Regulations may vary between States but depending on your visa, you can drive on a UK licence. I do in QLD. I need a state-specific licence if/when I become a permanent resident.

Any imported vehicle must be squeaky clean and free of any form of biological contamination. You have to be able to eat your dinner of the tyres, mudguards etc and certainly have no dead leaves in the air filter box!

I confess it was rather niave to think you could keep your UK plate!

BTW, you can purchase custom plates in QLD but they cost an arm and a leg. I think they start at 600 dllrs and that's just for a standard format plate but with a different colour background.

Archived