Who must be the principal applicant

Abbas

Hi,Who must be principal applicant?Me or my wife Me: Bsc Hons Computer Science with distinction from Pakistan. 2 years Software development experience + 3 years lecturing experience in a University for Programming subjects. 27 years age.My wife: Bsc Hons Computer Science . 6 years of experience in Telecom field. 5 years in one well known Telecom Company of Pakistan (Telenor). 29 years age. I have one confusion about my experience that since i am a lecturer from last 3 years (although i do freelancing occasionally ). So might be Aussie might not count my lecturing 3 years experience for software engineering/development category. So better nominate my wife as principal applicant as she have experience in one company and focused on a subject.Thanks

Either one of you will be fine, you`ll get enough points just due to age :biggrin: and degree. I assume this is for PR visa? It appears that your wife has more of a consistent experience, I think that she should be the primary applicant to give you more points.

Hi,Who must be principal applicant?Me or my wife Me: Bsc Hons Computer Science with distinction from Pakistan. 2 years Software development experience + 3 years lecturing experience in a University for Programming subjects. 27 years age.My wife: Bsc Hons Computer Science . 6 years of experience in Telecom field. 5 years in one well known Telecom Company of Pakistan (Telenor). 29 years age. I have one confusion about my experience that since i am a lecturer from last 3 years (although i do freelancing occasionally ). So might be Aussie might not count my lecturing 3 years experience for software engineering/development category. So better nominate my wife as principal applicant as she have experience in one company and focused on a subject.Thanks

You have not given enough relevant information for a considered opinion to be offered. For examples, not all degrees conferred by universities in Pakistan are assessed as comparable to an Australian degree and the limited information about employment does not disclose enough information about your daily duties, or those of your wife to decide which (if any) skilled IT occupation should be nominated.

Many IT skilled occupations are available to visa applicants only if underpinned by a sponsorship or nomination.

It is entirely possible that nominating a non-IT occupation might be your best strategy.

May I suggest that you consult a registered migration agent for an opinion?

All the best

You have not given enough relevant information for a considered opinion to be offered. For examples, not all degrees conferred by universities in Pakistan are assessed as comparable to an Australian degree and the limited information about employment does not disclose enough information about your daily duties, or those of your wife to decide which (if any) skilled IT occupation should be nominated.

Many IT skilled occupations are available to visa applicants only if underpinned by a sponsorship or nomination.

It is entirely possible that nominating a non-IT occupation might be your best strategy.

May I suggest that you consult a registered migration agent for an opinion?

All the best

Eventually we might need to goto a registered migration agent. But after some time. Because we just started to think about it. We are preparing for IELTS to have a good score. We need to plan out few things before going to a Migration agent.

Universities from which we graduated are considered one of the best in Pakistan and have international recognition as well (not very high). For example Quaid i Azam University Islamabad & International Islamic University.

Experience:

Me: Senior Software Engineer (2 years) Now lecturer teaching programming subjects (3 years). With experience of Java web development , Android Development , IVR applications etc

My Wife: ITIL ,Service Assurance & help desk.

Thanks for reading out and replying back.

Eventually we might need to goto a registered migration agent. But after some time. Because we just started to think about it. We are preparing for IELTS to have a good score. We need to plan out few things before going to a Migration agent.

Universities from which we graduated are considered one of the best in Pakistan and have international recognition as well (not very high). For example Quaid i Azam University Islamabad & International Islamic University.

Experience:

Me: Senior Software Engineer (2 years) Now lecturer teaching programming subjects (3 years). With experience of Java web development , Android Development , IVR applications etc

My Wife: ITIL ,Service Assurance & help desk.

Thanks for reading out and replying back.

If you want to do it yourself you first step should be to search CEP and ascertain the level at which your academic qualification would be recognised. Here is a start:

[h=2]Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad[/h] Also known as : Quaid-e-Azam University

Formerly known as : University of Islamabad

Sections :Higher Education - SECTION 1

Comments - Public institution; founded in 1965 as University of Islamabad; present name 1976

You are not proceeding optimally.

Archived