Superannuation, super confused

Steph1

Hi everyone, I'm wondering if anyone can help me understand something - sorry if it's in the wrong place.

My DH has just received his contract to sign regarding his job offer in Aus, detailing things such as salary, relocation, etc. However, it says that his salary is including superannuation, is this right should the company not be paying the superannuation? Sorry I'm very confused (it doesn't take much) and wondered if any of you might know.

thanks everyone

Hi everyone, I'm wondering if anyone can help me understand something - sorry if it's in the wrong place.

My DH has just received his contract to sign regarding his job offer in Aus, detailing things such as salary, relocation, etc. However, it says that his salary is including superannuation, is this right should the company not be paying the superannuation? Sorry I'm very confused (it doesn't take much) and wondered if any of you might know.

thanks everyone

They will still pay (9% currently...rising to 12% over the next few years), it just seems as though rather than advertise as (made up figures for convenience):

$50000 + $4500 super

they've given the figure $54000 inc super.

Pretty standard for the UK, but usually advertised as wage + super in australia (from what I gather)...guess how shady that all is depends on whether it was advertised as the former or the latter and whether your husband negotiated on the basis of the former.

hope that helps.

J

Yeah they have worded it as salary including super, so added to the tax that you pay in Oz it takes up deductions to quite a high level.

guess we should shelve the dream for now then as this leaves us more out of pocket than staying where we are

thanks j

Archived