making the move sep 14! advice for familys much needed

louisek84

Hi all

myself and oh are moving to brisbane sep 14 with our 2 children who will be aged 3 and 7 when we move out there. We are struggling to decide on a area. Main priority is schooling for the children. Husband works in shipping so work for him is not a issue. Would love Parks nearby, safe community. Where we are currently living everyday essentials are on my doorstep ie shop, school and park so driving is not a issue and would really like that to be the case when we move out there too. We have been looking at perigian springs, Caloundra and tewantin. Can anyone give advice on these areas it would be much appreciated! Visited Caloundra in may and although the area was beautiful we arent sure on what to expect from the schooling??? When the children are settled and everything is in place i would be looking for work as a accountant so areas that are good job wise or that have good transport links would be ideal too. Thanks in advance theres so much to sort out its hard to know where to start!

Louise

I guess you know that these areas are in the Sunshine Coast? Are you looking at working in Brisbane? If so that quite a commute to do every day, from sunny coast to Brisbane, it's not really doable IMHO. I love Tewantin btw, so if you can find work on the sunny coast and not have to go into Brisbane, then that's a different matter.

ah yes i was meant to say we are landing in brisbane and prefer living on the sunshine coast. Would prefer not to have to work in Brisbane ideally the last time i was there the drive was over a hour and nothing could of prepared me for the price of parking in the city! haha Will look further into Tewantin thanks for your reply

ah yes i was meant to say we are landing in brisbane and prefer living on the sunshine coast. Would prefer not to have to work in Brisbane ideally the last time i was there the drive was over a hour and nothing could of prepared me for the price of parking in the city! haha Will look further into Tewantin thanks for your reply

Ok that makes more sence lol, all of the places you mentioned are lovely places to live tbh, but I love Tewantin as it more 'country side' place to live, it's not right on the beach but not far to drive in, just outside Noosaville (which is my most favorite place) and it's quieter/less tourists/holiday makers. It has quite a few lovely village type shops running through the middle of the town.

I would give anything to live on the Sunny Coast! But work is hard to come by there unfortunaly so I have to make to with holiday visits. :cry:

Best of Luck

Regarding Mountain Creek what school have you put your children in. So nice to hear they have settled fast as that's a big concern. More so for the 7 year old. How do the schools compare over there to here in the uk?

Thanks in advance

Kids are at Mountain Creek primary and High School. We have been really impressed so far. Staff have been really friendly, emailing us with updates etc. Our car broke down in the School car park in week 3(just shipped it over and the garage had not fitted the battery properly so it had drained) and the school reception staff sent the maintenance guys out to jump start us etc.... Embarrassing! Education wise our kids are more advanced by about a year or two I think, they are however, learning the Aussie way of not stressing about anything! Primary School is very good for settling in new students, buddy etc. Hear a lot of English voices at Mountain Creek so settling in is no problem!

Good luck with your plans!

Archived