Melbourne bound in Jan

melfb

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say a quick hello..Myself and my partner and our daughter are making the long journey on the 3rd Jan to start our new life in Melbourne....We're staying in Brighton for the 1st month while looking for a permanent home....Nerves are starting to kick in now :arghh:

• 3 weeks later...
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say a quick hello..Myself and my partner and outr daughter are making the long journey on the 3rd Jan to start our new life in Melbourne....We're staying in Brighton for the 1st month while looking for a permanent home....Nerves are starting to kick in now :arghh:

Hi, we arrive on January 3rd with our daughter(5). We're also staying in Brighton for the 1st month.

Keep in touch if you like, it would be interesting to see how you get on.

Join up with the Life in Victoria forum there are many new arrivals on the forum who will be able to help you through the strangeness and difference that you will experience when you first arrive. You are arriving in our long summer holidays and school does not start until February so a lot of people do take their long holidays at this time of the year. That said it will give you time to settle before the madness of the peak period getting to work starts fully in February.

Good luck

Join up with the Life in Victoria forum there are many new arrivals on the forum who will be able to help you through the strangeness and difference that you will experience when you first arrive. You are arriving in our long summer holidays and school does not start until February so a lot of people do take their long holidays at this time of the year. That said it will give you time to settle before the madness of the peak period getting to work starts fully in February.

Good luck

many thanks - do you know if its possible to enrol a child in school during the school holidays, or will we have to wait until they start back.

Archived