The irony

We went to see a couple of bands in Glasgow last night - now those that have read any of my rants about how boring Perth is will know this was one of the big things missing for me, live music that wasn't either blues/roots/folk or out of the Ark.

Walking down Sauchiehall Street there was a buzz even on a Tuesday night and I just felt so alive (& at least 20 years younger!), I know that objectively it's wrong but I felt so much safer - I think it just comes from it being 'home', feeling like you belong, not being an outsider (which is quite bizarre given I'm English and only lived in Scotland for two years longer than I lived in Perth!)

So I was musing on how good is was to be back and how we could never do this in Perth etc. etc.

We watched the first band then went to have a look at the merchandise and that was when my OH noticed on the tour dates the band were playing - yep you've guessed it Perth!!!

I had the decency to laugh :)

Still I get the last laugh....

Tickets

Glasgow O2 - £20 each

Perth Metro $75 each

Babysitting

Scotland - £30

Perth - $100

And my income is no less here - my final salary in $ is 1.56 times my current salary in £

• 1 month later...
Guest guest41161
Still I get the last laugh....

Tickets

Glasgow O2 - £20 each

Perth Metro $75 each

Babysitting

Scotland - £30

Perth - $100

And my income is no less here - my final salary in $ is 1.56 times my current salary in £

I hear ya. We came back May 2012 to decide if we would move, and went to see Train at the O2 in Glasgow. Tickets were £17.50. Same band played Brisbane Tivoli some 6-8 weeks later, tickets $125.

Went to see Ed Kowalczyk from the band Live at King Tuts in September, tickets were £15, currently on sale fro Brisbane show $90.

• 2 weeks later...
I hear ya. We came back May 2012 to decide if we would move, and went to see Train at the O2 in Glasgow. Tickets were £17.50. Same band played Brisbane Tivoli some 6-8 weeks later, tickets $125.

Went to see Ed Kowalczyk from the band Live at King Tuts in September, tickets were £15, currently on sale fro Brisbane show $90.

So are you back in deepest darkest Ayrshire now?

Guest guest41161
So are you back in deepest darkest Ayrshire now?

Sure am. For the time being anyhow. Got our daughter into a beautiful village school, only a dozen kids in her class, renting great home and gained a Golden Retriever puppy, so that should tie us here for a bit! Actually great seeing the old place through new eyes, and enjoying the cold, rain and scenery.

Archived