Do i need to wait for another 2 years!

winsonwongsg

hi all,

Currently i am under 457 visa for almost 1 year. I am applying for state sponsorship 190. If i got my PR approved, i understand the requirement is to stay at the state for 2 years.

My questions is; what if i move back to home country? Does my stay using the 457 visa counted?

cheers!

Winson

Thanks for the reply.

Is there a time limit after i moved back to my home town? Example, 10 years later, i wanted to move back to Australia.

Another question would be, if i get my company to sponsor me, rather than state sponsorship, does my stay on the 457 visa counted?

cheers!

Winson

Thanks for the reply.

Is there a time limit after i moved back to my home town? Example, 10 years later, i wanted to move back to Australia.

Another question would be, if i get my company to sponsor me, rather than state sponsorship, does my stay on the 457 visa counted?

cheers!

Winson

No, same answer as before, the two year thing is only a moral obligation, and it is from the issue of that visa. Previous visas don't count.

There is a time limit on when you can come back. Five years from the issue if the visa. After that time it can be very hard.

Thanks again.

I will stay for 2 years then after i got my PR. Then go back to my hometown as my family is in Singapore. They are here in Sydney for 6 months but still they find that Singapore is more convenient and comfortable.

And also my wife's company is rehiring her back.

She try to look for job for 6 months. No luck here.

cheers!

Winson Wong

Archived