Attractions and Deals in the Gold Coast

jac2011

For those of you living in or near to the Gold Coast can anyone advise me as to how much the best deals would be for the local attractions. I have 3 children who will on arrival be between the ages of 4 and 11 and will be looking for things to entertain them.

I once saw a locals deal discussed on here for $99 does this still exist for the theme parks?

Their dad will be visiting them from England and we are looking for prices of attractions so we can formulate a cost as to how much he would need to take the children out during his time.

For those of you living in or near to the Gold Coast can anyone advise me as to how much the best deals would be for the local attractions. I have 3 children who will on arrival be between the ages of 4 and 11 and will be looking for things to entertain them.

I once saw a locals deal discussed on here for $99 does this still exist for the theme parks?

Their dad will be visiting them from England and we are looking for prices of attractions so we can formulate a cost as to how much he would need to take the children out during his time.

Yes the deal is still on, it gives you unlimited entry to SeaWorld, Wet & Wild, and Movie world. We buy these every year as the cost to SeaWorld alone is $80, so well worth it. Dreamworld/whitewater world have a similar deal but unless you really want the thrill rides then the other deal is best. We also had relatives and grandchildren over from the uk this year and they all got the $99 deal no problem. Note this deal will likely get cheaper still after the school xmas holidays tickets valid for use until 30th June.

Jet ski safaris are good too they go from the Marina Mirage as do some fishing trips. If you just do some googling you should find heaps of info and then if not sure come back and ask questions. try going onto the sister site of pio- Life in queensland, there might be people more local to the gold coast than me that may be able to help too.

Enjoy

If you have a car then you can drive to the interland, amongst several places there is 'mount Tamborine' for shops and cafes and some attractions for the kids like 'Thunderbird Park' which has an adventure park and you can look for and keep thunder eggs. Then a drive up to O'reily's, rainforest walks including one through the treetops. You could also drive down to Byron Bay, and visit the lighthouse and the most easterly point of mainland Australia.

Heaps to keep you occupied for a few days.

Enjoy

We have just returned from a great but hectic fun time up at the Gold Coast.

Personal favourites of my kids being Movie World (Warners Bros) and Wet & Wild water park.

Great family rides and kids corner plus loads of characters at Movie World.

You will have fun.

Thanks everyone, its one of the reasons we want to live there. We are an active family and at one point were driving from lancashire/nottinghamshire to Disneyland paris every 6 months just because we like that kind of thing. Dont get me wrong, the thought of exploring the rainforest, kayaking, surfing etc are all equally as important but we do love Theme parks. I think mainly because it gives us time as a family to just have fun and let our hair down.

The reason I posted this thread is because my ex husband will be coming to visit the children at least once a year and we were looking as to how much money he would need for spends whilst he was there. We would probably already have annual passes for the children if possible so it would just be the cost to him and his gf. We were looking at boat cruises and some where approaching $500 for 8 hours so they would add up fast but its nice to see so many free/cheap things to do as well.

Thanks everyone, its one of the reasons we want to live there. We are an active family and at one point were driving from lancashire/nottinghamshire to Disneyland paris every 6 months just because we like that kind of thing. Dont get me wrong, the thought of exploring the rainforest, kayaking, surfing etc are all equally as important but we do love Theme parks. I think mainly because it gives us time as a family to just have fun and let our hair down.

The reason I posted this thread is because my ex husband will be coming to visit the children at least once a year and we were looking as to how much money he would need for spends whilst he was there. We would probably already have annual passes for the children if possible so it would just be the cost to him and his gf. We were looking at boat cruises and some where approaching $500 for 8 hours so they would add up fast but its nice to see so many free/cheap things to do as well.

Should have held back on those euro trips, should have only gone once and spent the rest on a Florida trip to Disney world awesome place. But there are heaps of active activities in Queensland other than theme parks. by the way if you live local to the gold coast then those annual tickets are cheaper.

Boat trip $500???? sure that was not the for sale price?

Should have held back on those euro trips, should have only gone once and spent the rest on a Florida trip to Disney world awesome place. But there are heaps of active activities in Queensland other than theme parks. by the way if you live local to the gold coast then those annual tickets are cheaper.

Boat trip $500???? sure that was not the for sale price?

Thats what I thought... It was 2 adults, 2 children on a dinner and whale cruse $460+ ish I think!!!

We would have loved Disney World and if we just had the 2 eldest it would have been perfect but we had a baby in tow (now nearly 3) and we decided to save DW until he is old enough to remember it and be part of it going on the roller coasters! We have promised my OH a 3 month trip to America for his 40th in 10 years time including a month in Florida! By then the youngest will be nearly 13! Plus the drive and the ferry is part of the adventure for Paris...

Archived