Need A Urgent Advice: Subclass 190

sah23

Our Migration agent did fill incorrect EOI stating ongoing Australian PhD under work resulting 5 points (65 in total). Queensland Govt assessed the case and based on the previous experience (overseas employment) they sent the nomination and we got invitation. Vetassess also counts PhD as work experience.

Now, Migration agent is having second thoughts before lodging application stating that DIBP may ask to provide evidence for these 5 points (though we have 60 irrespective of PhD points). He has suggested us two options:

1) Lodge the application on our risk if we can convince case officer?

2) Wait for EOI to expire and then file fresh EOI.

Please suggest!!! We are really in crap situation now.

S

The agent should not have gone ahead unless highly confident that your experience would meet the criteria.

My argument would now be that you're risking a large application fee on something that the agent is unsure of. You and the agent have the benefit of knowing the details of the case so it is your decision to make, but if I wasn't confident of success I would decline the invitation, adjust the EOI, phone QLD up and explain (they will sometimes re-nominate quickly) and then accept a new invitation and apply for the visa KNOWING that I can meet the criteria.

That word 'risk' is not something you want in an application!

We accidentally claimed 5 extra points when we submitted our EOI by answering a question incorrectly. We were then invited to apply and submitted out visa application and paid the visa fee with the incorrect points claimed. We then received an email from diac making us aware of the incorrectly answered question as the EOI system had just been introduced and many applicants where making the same mistake.

We were advised to withdraw our application as the visa was likely to be refused because we couldn't evidence the 5 extra points. We withdrew and submitted a new EOI and were only put back in the process by about 6 weeks.

Luckily we amanged to claim a refund of the fee, but if there is any doubt in you points claim I do not think its worth risking your visa fee by applying. It's quick and easy to withdraw and resubmit your EOI. The visa fee is not small change and worth risking.

Our Migration agent did fill incorrect EOI stating ongoing Australian PhD under work resulting 5 points (65 in total). Queensland Govt assessed the case and based on the previous experience (overseas employment) they sent the nomination and we got invitation. Vetassess also counts PhD as work experience.

Now, Migration agent is having second thoughts before lodging application stating that DIBP may ask to provide evidence for these 5 points (though we have 60 irrespective of PhD points). He has suggested us two options:

1) Lodge the application on our risk if we can convince case officer?

2) Wait for EOI to expire and then file fresh EOI.

Please suggest!!! We are really in crap situation now.

S

I don't think much of your agent, to give unclear information and then say it is at your risk is not what you are paying them for.

In my view, if you don't need the points and you are not sure whether you would get th epoints, then don't lodge. Starting again is better than wasting many thousands of $s.

I don't think much of your agent, to give unclear information and then say it is at your risk is not what you are paying them for.

In my view, if you don't need the points and you are not sure whether you would get th epoints, then don't lodge. Starting again is better than wasting many thousands of $s.

Yes, agent told us to wait 60 days until we get our EOI back in the system and he will talk to QLD Govt to renominate. We only have hopes on this now.

60 days is long time.....:(

You can tell your case to the sponsoring state. And made a new EOI and them request the state to please assess the new EOI and issue an invitation. Declare to the state that you can withdraw the previous EOI.

IF NOT POSSIBLE then

don't waste time, If your occupation is on the state list, apply fresh state sponsorship as soon as possible and tell the case to Queensland govt. I strongly believe that the state govt. will deal your case in your favour.

You can tell your case to the sponsoring state. And made a new EOI and them request the state to please assess the new EOI and issue an invitation. Declare to the state that you can withdraw the previous EOI.

IF NOT POSSIBLE then

don't waste time, If your occupation is on the state list, apply fresh state sponsorship as soon as possible and tell the case to Queensland govt. I strongly believe that the state govt. will deal your case in your favour.

I am not sure that this will help, invitations co e from the immigration department not the state. I believe OP needs to let it lapse and has no choice about the wait.

Archived