Habitual Residency Test UK

patsmb

We came back this year and claimed child benefit without a problem, also re-registered with Dr.'s and dentist without any question but you are right to alert people, another forum member went through the same.

This is the best source of information I have found regarding eligibility

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/benefits_e/benefits_coming_from_abroad_and_claiming_benefits_hrt.htm

We came back this year and claimed child benefit without a problem, also re-registered with Dr.'s and dentist without any question but you are right to alert people, another forum member went through the same.

This is the best source of information I have found regarding eligibility

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/benefits_e/benefits_coming_from_abroad_and_claiming_benefits_hrt.htm

Doctors and dentist was not a problem it was when we tried to claim a rates rebate ,my hubby had his Australian disability pension while we were there ( that does not happen now )

The residency test in itself was quite demeaning we had to justify every penny we had spent and despite us selling our house in Oz and taking everything including the car to the UK we were told NO you cant have residency We were asked why we had bought a house instead of renting ?? Answer was to have a roof over our heads that was paid for

We were refused because we had left an Aussie bank account and family ie 'children' who were by the way over 40 in Oz

I had given all my Mums details when we went through the test as we went back to look after her

I did appeal and told the UK pensions people we kept the Aussie account open for hubbys pension to go into - asked did they want me to close the account and drop the pension

Was told Oh you cant do that ie drop the pension and claim from the UK so is I said well I think we should have residency then -letter to say yes to residency was in the post the next day

Archived