457 visa. ABN while application processing? extension on bridging visa?

Hi there, i have recently had my visa application for residency failed as my registered migration agent some how forgot to send immigration some documents!! then some how didn't respond to immigration when they asked for them!! (there's a lot of complications and i can't take it to appeal but i won't bore you with the story).

i have been told i have to leave Australia to apply for a new visa, I've been offered a full time contract at a company who want to sponsor me on the 457 visa, i have worked for this company through my ABN for sometime so its nothing new to me.

Can i work for the company through my ABN while I'm abroad waiting for my visa application to go through? or will this be breaching the conditions of the 457 visa application?

(i would not be an employer as such so I'm a little confused to what the regulations are)

also the company i worked for owes me a lot of money and as a result of this/ paying for agents and then paying the rest of my savings on a lawyer to try and fix the first agents mistakes i am broke - $40 in my account and have just over a week to get out of here.

is it possible and is it easy to get an extension on my bridging visa so i can at least save enough for a flight out of Australia?

Thanks

one broke pissed off winging pom.

Mmmm, no to the extension I believe. Any extension would likely be granting you bridging visa c (or is it e? Brain fade) which has no work rights, so wouldn't help you anyway.

I can't see anything wrong with working for the same company from another country, but depending on how long it takes you would probably be paying tax in the country you were in.

I have to ask though, how do you think this is going to work if the company hasn't even paid you what they owe??

Guest guest30085

Perhaps not your most urgent issue at the moment, but once you've solved your immediate issue, I would be chasing your agent. Are they MARA registered? Surely if they are there should be some come back on them for forgetting to send documents? What else do they have to do?

I have to ask though, how do you think this is going to work if the company hasn't even paid you what they owe??

thanks for your reply, i quit from one company who i was working for full time, and now only work for the other company on my ABN who want me full time. i have no problems with the company I've been working for on my ABN, they always pays what they owe and on time.

it had never occurred to me that i would have to pay tax in the country i'm living in while working for an oz company, thanks I'll investigate.

Perhaps not your most urgent issue at the moment, but once you've solved your immediate issue, I would be chasing your agent. Are they MARA registered? Surely if they are there should be some come back on them for forgetting to send documents? What else do they have to do?

yea they are MARA registered and MARA are "investigating" once i have the outcome from them I'll be taking them to court for sure.

Guest guest30085
yea they are MARA registered and MARA are "investigating" once i have the outcome from them I'll be taking them to court for sure.

Good luck with everything, will you keep posting so we know how you get on, it may help others in the future who end up in such a situation

I'm still on a bridging visa, i came to oz on a working holiday visa, then applied for the 187 residency visa, i got my ABN when i arrived in Australia on the working holiday visa. so I've never been on the 457, its the 457 my new employer wants to sponsor me on. yea its a bugger that regulation about solely working for a company on the 457 when there's so much work about. i originally applied for the residency visa as i wanted to be treat as equal as possible here, i can't go for the 187 again as my employer wants me here asap and the 187 has about a years waiting list for the decision.

Archived