How many of you.....

Banksy

I came out in 1978 under the illusion that most Aussies needed the Royal Flying Doctor when they got sick, and did their education via 'The School of the Air' & fervently believing that the first Aussie who heard my accent in a pub woud hit me!

It's not a bad time to arrive (even in Melbourne!) just after the New Year, when it is cold and dank and dark and gloomy in England, and summer holidays are still half a year away.

Come with an open mind, and don't immediately seek out other Poms to alleviate your homesickness. There's nothing wrong with other Poms. I have plenty of Pommie friends, but if you are not careful, it can turn into a 'whinge-fest.' Get out and try to meet some Aussies!

Bear with me, readers as I digress; it is a most important part of Australian history and folklore.

http://www.flyingdoctor.org.au/About-Us/Our-History/The-John-Flynn-Story/

It was due to a number of incidents, one of which I wrote about in Reminiscing, where a ringer was thrown from his horse in the wilds of the Kimberlies and operated on using morse code, a pocket knife and condy's crystals.

Cheers, Bobj.

We did, we moved 4 kids to Brisbane, never been before and the eldest child was 14 at the time and youngest 9 mths.

My friend has lived here for over 20 yrs at the time ( we were best friends since we were around 8 until she moved at 16)

No family here

Never regretted it and love it here :)

Archived