Kids Medical

Moobobs

Hi,

We have just submitted our 190 visa application, we have sent off for our police checks but are waiting until are medicals get requested until we do them.

My 2 year old daughter had an operation on her hip as her hip wasn't in the socket, she had the op in June this year and was in a cast for 15 weeks but is now out of this, she is fine now albeit a little limp that the consultant has said will go in around 6-12 months.

I was just wondering what the medical involves for children, and if anyone thinks my daughters may be referred because of this? I was thinking of asking our consultant for a letter to confirm her operation and confirm the result etc so it can be sent off with her medical.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Kids are excluded from blood test and X-rays. However, they will check normal things like nose, ears eyes etc .. not a big deal. I recently finish medical and my 4 yrs old was checked only for these things. Shouldn't be an issue. Just go for the medical as normal.

Guest The Pom Queen

Personally I don't think it will do any harm to get a letter from the consultant. However, I don't think its going to be a problem for you. If I could get here and I'm still here you shouldn't have anything at all to worry about :hug:

I agree with above, I would get something up front as it may save time later.

It doesn't take much for a medical to be referred and I would expect hers might be, but it doesn't sound like it will ultimately cause any problems ... just delays.

My 6 year old had to move all his limbs, all over the place as did I. This was as well as eye, ear and skin check. I think if you have to tick any of the boxes then it will be referred. I know mine will as I had surgery last year, and have been treated for post natal depression.

Debs

They don't have chest X-rays or blood tests but mine did get a thorough body check i.e he checked all their limbs , body alignment , checked their skin and watched them closely as he was carrying out the other checks such as eye tests etc .It was all very quick and relaxed but I'm sure they will pick up on the slightest thing . It was over two years ago since our medicals, so unsure but I think we even declared treatment such as a broken wrist and tonsillectomy on the medical form . Personally I would look into getting a letter from your child's consultant . The more information you give them the less likely you are to be referred .

Archived