Unskilled looking to move, is this possible?

Robert Mawson

Hi all!

I was hoping you could help me, I am a 29 yo from Wales, married with two children. I don't have any qualifications as such. I am a team leader for a well known grocery store. my wife doesn't not work, she homeschool's our children, which is a job in itself :)

Is there anyway we can come to Oz, or would we be seen as a burden?

Thank you.

R.

Welcome to PIO

From what you have posted without retraining you currently would not qualify for any visa.

Re-training would likely be your only option be with migration regulations changing frequently sometimes after re-training occupations can be removed from the skills occupation lists.

Hya Mate,

Go and do an access course for a Uni Degree, or sweet talk a Uni to let you in as a mature student. 5 years later (2x years working in the UK first and a 3x year degree) and the world is your Oyster.

It may seem hard, but it can be done - believe me; I know. Do a business related IT degree, not programming / computer science.

How do I know, cause that's what I did 10 years ago in Middlesbrough, as did the (now) close circle of mates that I have from Uni who'd all done the same (Lancashire, Leeds). 2x of which now live in Sydney. The world is a totally different place once you have done your time mate - really, have a think. I have people I worked with in the UK who live in Mid Wales, earn 85,000 GBP a year and do projects all over the country staying in flash hotels Monday - Thursday.

Anyone can do it mate - anyone. You just need the drive to succeed, if that is Australia then use that. Mine was a 2002 Honda Integra Type R :-) hahahaha

All the best

Another person who has retrained...

However, is there anyway you could look at whether you could be sponsored (don't get hopes up based on my info I am in no way an expert) I am sure other supermarket managers have been sponsored before. Things are tightening up though...

Archived