US Police check

Floplo

Hi,

has anyone experience with a police check from the United States ?

Is the FBI Criminal history summary enough or is a state-level letter of good conduct needed/sufficient as well for a 187 visa application?

And does anyone know how to get your fingerprints taken in Australia (on a US fingerprint form) ?

thanks

The FBI one is usually all you need. for my first visa though, they accepted one from the District of Columbia (my "state" of residence). but subsequently, the FBI one is asked for specifically. it is all encompassing. don't be discouraged by its lackluster and unofficial appearance (no signatures, no stamps lol). when you make a copy though, it shows as a copy so i guess that proves its authenticity.

I just took the FBI fingerprint form to the police station, paid the fee (don't remember how much), and they did the prints. Some places do the electronic finger-printing as well, i believe both are accepted.

hope that helps.

I`m going through this right now. I need both state and FBI checks, this is for permanent residency visa, I don`t know about 187. There is a link on the FBI website that downloads the fingerprint form, in case you wanted to do it yourself ( yes, really, you can). It`s better to go to a police station though and have the fingerprints taken by someone who knows how to do that . Your name and date of birth MUST be on the form, otherwise they`ll refuse it. I submitted mine online this time but as far as I know it is only possible in the US ( via FBI approved office). Here is all you need:

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/criminal-history-summary-checks

Archived