Stamping Visa

black1e

Hi

I was granted a 190 visa last year and I am planning on going to Sydney to validate the visa before the first entry date. I am only visiting to make sure the visa is kept valid. Has anybody done this and what is the proceedure? I think you just arrive at the airport with your passport - the number on your passport is recorded as having been granted a visa and you have made your initial entry date. Is this what happens or do I have to apply for an entry visa. Is it recorded that I have validated the visa? I plan to move to Australia sometime in 2014

If anybody has done this can you let me know ?

Thanks

B

I have done it and its pretty much as you describe. The visa is electronically linked to your passport, so you just check in as normal and away you go. The airline actually wouldn't let you fly if you didn't have a valid visa on check in.

I did this in the summer to sort my 190 out and had confirmation from DIAC that once the visa is validated you have 5 years to get back. You could go from arrivals to departures without leaving the airport but it seems a shame to go all that way and not have a holiday! Good luck with it all!

Hi

I was granted a 190 visa last year and I am planning on going to Sydney to validate the visa before the first entry date. I am only visiting to make sure the visa is kept valid. Has anybody done this and what is the proceedure? I think you just arrive at the airport with your passport - the number on your passport is recorded as having been granted a visa and you have made your initial entry date. Is this what happens or do I have to apply for an entry visa. Is it recorded that I have validated the visa? I plan to move to Australia sometime in 2014

If anybody has done this can you let me know ?

Thanks

B

I don't know what you mean by entry visa, but definitely don't get one!

Archived