190 Victoria State Visa IELTS points ?

bakersdozen

Hi

Has anyone applied and recieved the 190 State Sponsored Visa under Building Associate for Victoria ?

The question is the points required is 60, but for Victoria and under Building Associate the minimum IELTS required is 7 in all bands , the problem is if I score 7 and dont reach the 60 pass mark do I still meet the requirments ?

Also as a born and bred UK citeizen it sates on the Victoria web site that no IELTS is required , now I'm confused .

Emailed Victoria direct and they replied with various answers , any help would be great

Thanks

Hi

Has anyone applied and recieved the 190 State Sponsored Visa under Building Associate for Victoria ?

The question is the points required is 60, but for Victoria and under Building Associate the minimum IELTS required is 7 in all bands , the problem is if I score 7 and dont reach the 60 pass mark do I still meet the requirments ?

Also as a born and bred UK citeizen it sates on the Victoria web site that no IELTS is required , now I'm confused .

Emailed Victoria direct and they replied with various answers , any help would be great

Thanks

Hi bakersdozen,

Do you not have to complete a skills assessment for your trade first? As a nurse I had to sit the IELTS and obtain at least a 7 in all 4 sections or I wouldn't have passed my skills assessment. After the skills assessment I submitted my Expression of Interest to the state of Victoria and that works out your points for you, for which you need a minimum of 60 (you get points for a positive skills assessment). It is my understanding that no IELTS is required only if your applying for a temporary visa and can prove you have 5 years of English study in some shape or form....hope all this makes sense?!

Kim

I have not applied under that role and did not need to prove my English, however, despite not needing to prove English competency, I did have to take the IELTS purely to gain enough points. I would suggest that yes, if you don't achieve the required level 7, then you will not be eligable.

Hi bakersdozen,

Do you not have to complete a skills assessment for your trade first? As a nurse I had to sit the IELTS and obtain at least a 7 in all 4 sections or I wouldn't have passed my skills assessment. After the skills assessment I submitted my Expression of Interest to the state of Victoria and that works out your points for you, for which you need a minimum of 60 (you get points for a positive skills assessment). It is my understanding that no IELTS is required only if your applying for a temporary visa and can prove you have 5 years of English study in some shape or form....hope all this makes sense?!

Kim

Hi Kim Irvine

Passed my skills assessment with a positive result and suitable for immigration purposes thats all it say's ( I'm a site manager in construction ) and are now begining to study for the IELTS test .

I think your right mate with the no IELTS required for the temp visa but as I need the full wack so I need to sit the test

Regards

I have not applied under that role and did not need to prove my English, however, despite not needing to prove English competency, I did have to take the IELTS purely to gain enough points. I would suggest that yes, if you don't achieve the required level 7, then you will not be eligable.

Thanks for the reply Leah1921 as mentioned above, your right, looks like some revision then

Regards

If you are british you dont have to sit IELTS as they consider that your english will be equivalent to the minimum requirement of 6 (unless your chosen occupation has higher requirements) but most people do sit it to achieve the required points for the EOI. If you have 60 points without needing the extra from IELTS then you dont need to do it.

Hi Kim Irvine

Passed my skills assessment with a positive result and suitable for immigration purposes thats all it say's ( I'm a site manager in construction ) and are now begining to study for the IELTS test .

I think your right mate with the no IELTS required for the temp visa but as I need the full wack so I need to sit the test

Regards

Lucky duck not needing the IELTS for your skills assessment! I saw from your post in LIV that you are 41 so aside from eligibility you'll get the points for over 7's to help with your Visa and extra ones again if I remember rightly for all over 8's (check to see if it's the academic or the general IELTS you need to sit?). Thankfully I was a couple of years shy of dropping 'age points', I still only got 65 mind you! Re the IELTS the listening and speaking are straight forward, the reading's hit or miss depending on the passages and time is your enemy re the writing.....

Good luck,

Kim :))

Lucky duck not needing the IELTS for your skills assessment! I saw from your post in LIV that you are 41 so aside from eligibility you'll get the points for over 7's to help with your Visa and extra ones again if I remember rightly for all over 8's (check to see if it's the academic or the general IELTS you need to sit?). Thankfully I was a couple of years shy of dropping 'age points', I still only got 65 mind you! Re the IELTS the listening and speaking are straight forward, the reading's hit or miss depending on the passages and time is your enemy re the writing.....

Good luck,

Kim :))

Hi Kim

Had a chat with an agent who I'm paying for help now and it looks like I've got to sit the IELTS so no getting away with that one.

Feel pretty confident about it though, and bought the Cambridge test book with the CD's just hope my cockney accent don't let me down, the wa'er in Ma'orca don'e taste like our it or'er , if you remember that old lager advert lol

I need all 60 points and can reach 65, but I need to get all the 8's to get the pass. The thing with the age is when I first looked into it I was 39 so got the full points with that but lacked on work experience , now its the other way around and also it weren't the right time for us.

I bounce between LIV and this one to get some good info on Aus , it helps a bit to get some understanding if you know what I mean .

Regards

Archived