Anyone done the IETS???

thekeans

Hi ,

What is the IETS like, what is involved etc.

My hubby is a graphic designer, we are going in as a skilled independant under graphic pre press as he mainly works in print now.

We will have 120 points if he gets 25 for the IETS test but has to score 7 in all areas. He does have a degree and A level English, how hard is it and what do they ask etc.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Hi Clare

My husband sat the ielts back in Oct and passed each one with an overall score 8.5. Your husband should be absolutely fine, but don't make the mistake of assuming it'll be a breeze and turning up without a little bit of practise! You should practise the reading and writing and listening modules because it's more about learning how to pass the test rather than being completely fluent in English!

Have a look at IELTS sample practice tests and go to free tutorials. Then click on the relevant free tests on the left hand side. That's the best site and really does give you all the help you need for free!

Good luck with the test - your hubby will be fine - no problem :jiggy:

Guest oswest8

i did the test last month and got 8.5 average and I only have a gcse in English.

To fill you in the listening and speaking tests are easy. However the writing and reading sections were a little harder than i was expecting, but not really challanging. But as your hubby has an a level, he will sail through it.

hope this helps.

Archived