AHPRA timeline

Edzi

Hi I just got granted my visa 189 today and am heading for Perth. Next step is Ahpra. I posted this yesterday and I was wondering has anyone got any timelines for submitting to the Perth office? I am from UK and am still there. My husband has to give 6 months notice and we will not be giving this in until the AHPRA comes back. Lots of time to plan. Did anyone come up against any problems? I hope I have submitted everything correctly. I have posted marriage certificate, passport copy, qualifications, statement of service, cv, evidence of cpd. I went on Wednesday to a JP in bradford and that was a scary experience. I did not realise it was a proper court and had to sit in the dock while my papers were certified. I thought it would be one on one in an office somewhere. How naeive was I? Anyway not bad service for £25. I am a bit worried though because i had so many documents and they signed each cpd certificate for last 3 years and they wrote the statement signed and dated it and initialled it and put the justice of peace seal on it but they did not put the address on each one. Does it need it? They gave me an a4 paper at the end with the jp name, address and contact phone number with a seal on it which i put in with the application so hopefully that will be fine. I did not have the heart to ask them to write the address on it but they did have the guidelines in front of them and I thought they must do this all the time so they must know. Anyway worst comes to worst, I will have to go again and get them done again with address on each document. I have organised the whole visa process myself, ielts, anmac, visa 189 and now ahpra and i have got to say ahpra has been the worst for getting everything ready.

You dont need adress on each one..I worried about that too but like u I just put in a slip of paper wth adress on and it was fine..sounds like u know what u are doing so should be smooth..u need to go to ahpra office in person within one year of recieving eligibility letter..good luck

Hi again Lorna,

Not sure if that reply was for me? I have not applied to AHPRA yet, we have decided to do medicals first. But I have asked all my docs to be forwarded from ANMAC to Perth AHPRA, because if your docs are all in order, and cleared by ANMAC, you don't need to go and get them again, especially having to go to court?! We just had solicitor witness ours for ANMAC! And that was accepted.

Hope that helps.

Hi thank you both for your replies. I did think about sending the documents from ahpra but the anmac documents i had done was not certified by a public notary or a jp. It was done by a solicitor. I never thought at the time. I saw some posts on here that ahpra have been strict in that it has to be a jp of public notary so i thought best safe than sorry. I feel better though about not having an address on it. Also I do not know if you can help Lorna as it looks as though you are over in Australia now and have been through the visa process. I got an email with my grant notification and before the grant notification is a letter with my old address on it. i did send a form changing the address but it looks as if they have not changed it. Does this matter as it is only on the letter and not the actual grant notification or are they likely to post me grant notifications too. I was just going to leave it but not sure whether i should email case officer telling them about my address but I dont know if the airport need an address or anything will they because I have left and that day will not have an address if you know what i mean. Rambling now. Just nitpicking on things really I know i should not stress about the littlest things.

Archived