New QLD State Sponsored Occupations List

TeeTMI

Business and Skilled Migration Queensland has released new eligibility criteria and skills lists (QSOLs) for subclass 489 and 190 state nominated visas from 1 November 2013.

The new lists feature:

- Collectively 150 occupations across a range of industries

- English language requirements are now at the level required to receive a positive skills assessment

- Minimum of two years work experience for the majority of occupations on both subclass 489 and 190 lists, or for occupations on the subclass 489 list, a job offer or currently working in the skilled occupation or closely related one

For graduates seeking pathway through the international alumni stream, the years since completion of the masters or higher qualification in Queensland has been expanded to two years instead of 18 months.

• 2 weeks later...
Why's that? Do you think there's a shortage of IT workers?

No, quite the opposite, there's a load of unemployed workers floating around the IT market at the moment, since the redundancies from the state govt.

So there's already an oversupply of IT folk pushing down wages and contract rates in QLD in many IT disciplines. What I was saying is its a good job that there are no IT skills on the "in demand" list.

Example a bloke I've been working with, highly skilled and experienced F5, Citrix, all the M$ stuff and now his contract is coming to an end he's not finding much, part of it is the time of year of course but I know some less skilled people (testers etc) who've been out of work for months.

Archived