Good shippers back to the UK needed.

Wellers and Whitehead

As you may, or may not know I came back to the UK and my OH is still in Sydney, trying to save to come back, bring our cat back and ship the stuff we bought back the UK. He's struggling to save with the $500 a week rent for our flat, had a lodger but turned out to be a nightmare for him.

However, can you recommend a good shipping company to bring our stuff back from Sydney to UK (north yorks). Is it more expensive going back to the UK? Does price differ if around chrimbo/ jan?

We used Grace, did most of the packing ourselves just had them do fragile items, 7 weeks door to door from Perth to Scotland. The fragile packing could have been better but the container packing was first class and they gt more in than we were quoted for without additional cost. Unpacking at this end was very good too though they hand over to a local firm so that'll depend where you are.

For our cat used a local company to arrange and she flew with Malaysian airlines who lost her paperwork and caused us all kinds of grief, we ended up having to get a 'pet passport' issued in the UK. It was totally not the agents faults so I'd avoid using Malaysian airlines - it took them the best part of a day to admit they'd lost the paperwork and we were stuck at Heathrow until they did!

Archived