any info about timelines?

weldaboy46

Can any one help please? After being badly let down by a prospective employer, I have been offered a 457 visa, converting to permanent after 3 months employment, but only on condition that I get the TRA passed first, which is not a problem as I have many years experience and UK qualifications. However, no one can tell me even approximately what the timelines are. My TRA was lodged 2 weeks ago, with all paperwork certified and complete, done through an agent. I am a first class welder going to regional South Australia. We are desperate to get to Australia as brother in law seriously ill, we are in temporary accommodation at the moment, and we are paying a fortune for our goods held in storage waiting to be shipped!! Would there be any chance that we could get to Australia before Christmas, or could we go to Australia and apply from there for the 457 after completion of the TRA?

Hi, I'm probably not much help but didn't want to read & run. My husbands skills assessment took around 6 weeks to come back & then he had to wait a couple of months for a date for his technical interview ( don't know if you need one or not!?). I'd say it took at least 4 months for the whole process. Then as we've had a change of plan short term we have just applied for a 457 & been told there is a backlog & taking 2-3 months. I've no idea on if you could apply when there but sure someone else will help. Good luck.

Waiting's frustrating, isn't it! Our MA says there seems to be no rhyme nor reason to it at the moment - some applications are taking 2 weeks, some 2 months.

Very! Work want us there mid jan but no idea if its going to happen at the moment so feeling abit in limbo not been able to organise. When did you apply?

Not long ago! My wife has a job in Manly as a midwife, and we're told that medical professions are 'fast tracked' - however, we'll see what happens in practice.

We were aiming at a mid-November, but that seems too close now. Just waiting for that page at https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/inquiry/query/query.do?action=eVisa to update!

[TABLE=class: cms_table_tablecolour, width: 100%, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%]18/10/2013[/TD]

[TD=width: 60%]Application received - processing commenced[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Everyone's health requirements finalised, apart from my mother-in-law's: Referred to a case offer to determine in further health is required.

Thanks to everyone for their replies. I have just received a successful TRA outcome, but still have the technical interview to go....looks like I may still have quite a wait. I can`t lodge my 457 until this has been done, and I cant find out what the processing times are for South Australia 457 applications. Good luck to everyone else who has applied.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived