If an Onshore PR application has been submitted can I be Offshore when the visa is granted?

kaiser

Our Onshore PR (190) application has been submitted this month which means, if immi are sticking to timescales, a Case Officer should be allocated some time in November. My question is, I need to travel out of Oz in December so can I be offshore when the visa is actually granted? Thanks

Guest MigrateAustralia

Hello kaiser,

Yes, you can be offshore but the Department of Immigration will set an initial entry date by which all applicants must return.

All the best.

Kind regards,

Philip

Guest MigrateAustralia

Hi kaiser.

The initial entry date is set by the expiry of your medicals and police clearances (whichever occurs first).

Cheers,

Philip

Hello kaiser,

Yes, you can be offshore but the Department of Immigration will set an initial entry date by which all applicants must return.

All the best.

Kind regards,

Philip

hi philip! can u pls give us an idea? we recently lodged visa 187 last august 2013. we didn't expect processing of this visa has backlog since 2012. per DIBP's website average processing time is only 6mos. my hubby the primary applicant holds 457. we lodged non drc since im offshore and we have no idea before that drc is granted 3-4mos. which is faster than non drc.

is it possible for me to lodge secondary visa 457 so i can be with my hubby the soonest? what will be its effect on our 187 application. we just heard 187 will be processed faster if both of us are onshore.

I really appreciate your help.Thanks.

Archived