Partner visa

Lucyjh3287

I'm due to file my spouse visa in November realistically all being well how many months are we looking at for clearance.. We've been advised 9-12 but that seems ages :(

If you are lodging from the UK then it might be a bit shorter than that, maybe 6 -8 months? But best to assume it will be a long wait and then anything else is a bonus.

They give 8-9 months as the current wait time for UK applications ATM. So work to that and don't expect it earlier. Then if it is processed a bit quicker it's a bonus. But honestly, don't sit wishing the time away, lodge, do whatever needs doing when they request it then forget about it. Far easier than sitting counting days I reckon.

I lodged my application at the end of August and was advised 8-9 months with a request to do medical and police checks after 28 November.

I have a reminder in my diary to make the medical appointment at the start of November, and have lined up a teacher friend to sign my police check paperwork, but am otherwise busily planning a Christmas holiday :)

Archived