Dubai Police Clearance for Employer Sponsored PR

star1976

Hi Everyone

Does anyone have experience of obtaining a Dubai Police Clearance whilst here in Oz? I am having difficulty determining the process as Dubai Police website is really only catering for people in the UAE. I have asked my migration agent for help and they will do so but want to add $2000 to their costs for doing so. Seems absolutely outrageous.

Thanks for your help

thanks for this link. I went to my local police station in Balmain but they wont take the finger prints unless I have an official form from the body requesting them. I see on this website you have given the statement "The Embassy does not provide a letter or form to the applicant when obtaining a finger print from the police station.". stalemate!! Maybe I can just print out this page and take it with me to the police station?

Yep that would be a good idea. Interestingly, DIBP have also specified that the UAE Embassy will not issue a letter to explain why fingerprints are required (Page 92 of the "How to obtain a police certificate" form). Wouldn't hurt to carry a print out of that either! Here's the link to the form :http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/character-requirements/character-penal.pdf

Hope this works for you!

• 1 month later...

Hiya Everyone

im still trying to sort this out and it's driving me bananas!! I have the fingerprints attested by Dept foreign affairs and UAE Embassy in Canberra. I now have to send the lot to Dubai. They have told me I need to send $85 US Dollars to dubai police HQ by bank draft. Trouble is I've been to commbank and HSBC who say they can't give this to me as the end country needs to be USA not UAE. Anyone have a clue how I can get this bank draft?

thank you

Does anyone have experience of obtaining a Dubai Police Clearance whilst here in Oz? I am having difficulty determining the process as Dubai Police website is really only catering for people in the UAE. I have asked my migration agent for help and they will do so but want to add $2000 to their costs for doing so. Seems absolutely outrageous.

Are you serious?! That's completely ridiculous. I would suggest checking your original contract/agreement with them to see what was and wasn't included.

im still trying to sort this out and it's driving me bananas!! I have the fingerprints attested by Dept foreign affairs and UAE Embassy in Canberra. I now have to send the lot to Dubai. They have told me I need to send $85 US Dollars to dubai police HQ by bank draft. Trouble is I've been to commbank and HSBC who say they can't give this to me as the end country needs to be USA not UAE. Anyone have a clue how I can get this bank draft?

Can you obtain and send a money order instead?

Not that I can be of much help but I just want to warn you that this is just the beginning. I live down the road in Abu Dhabi and this country is just amazing at getting you annoyed and making things that are quite simple seem really difficult. The best bit of advice I can give is to breathe in and out deeply and start again. Otherwise the alternative is you want to hit someone and that would have you deported ;)

goog go luck and keep breathing

Not that I can be of much help but I just want to warn you that this is just the beginning. I live down the road in Abu Dhabi and this country is just amazing at getting you annoyed and making things that are quite simple seem really difficult. The best bit of advice I can give is to breathe in and out deeply and start again. Otherwise the alternative is you want to hit someone and that would have you deported ;)

goog go luck and keep breathing

It took my friend six months to get a police clearance from Dubai.....

Archived