Work advise

GWOR

Hi all,

Considering a move to OZ with wife and two girls, to Brisbane if poss. Haven't as yet, taken the plunge to begin the application but will be going through immigration2oz as and when we are ready. The thing holding me back is work and what the potential opportunities are for me as a Interior Designer out there. I work in Retail, Hospitality and Exhibition Design sectors and was wondering if anyone might know what the job prospects might be and what salaries I could expect. I have 16years working experience to date and work freelance as senior Interior Designer.

Can anyone offer any advise!.

Kindest Regards

Glen

Hi all,

Considering a move to OZ with wife and two girls, to Brisbane if poss. Haven't as yet, taken the plunge to begin the application but will be going through immigration2oz as and when we are ready. The thing holding me back is work and what the potential opportunities are for me as a Interior Designer out there. I work in Retail, Hospitality and Exhibition Design sectors and was wondering if anyone might know what the job prospects might be and what salaries I could expect. I have 16years working experience to date and work freelance as senior Interior Designer.

Can anyone offer any advise!.

Kindest Regards

Glen

Are you eligible for a visa??...That is your first concern

Oh yes, I have enough points as I've already had a consultation with immigration2oz. My work fulls within SOL schedule 2 which means Canberra is the only State which is sponsoring my profession. I can start the application on state sponsorship and look for work elsewhere and hopefully transfer the application if a company is willing to sponsor me.

Glen

Oh yes, I have enough points as I've already had a consultation with immigration2oz. My work fulls within SOL schedule 2 which means Canberra is the only State which is sponsoring my profession. I can start the application on state sponsorship and look for work elsewhere and hopefully transfer the application if a company is willing to sponsor me.

Glen

If you start an application for a state sponsored visa, I cannot think why you would "transfer" it for an employer sponsored visa. The state sponsored visa is much better than employer sponsored, which is very likely to be a temporary visa. And in the unlikely scenario that it was a permanent employer sponsored visa, it is a more involved application that takes substantially longer than the state sponsored to process.

I have put "transfer" in inverted commas as it would not be a transfer at all, it would be a completely separate, new application.

Archived