ACS negative assessment

Sumant Sharma

Hi

I have 3+ years of experience in IT and had applied for ACS skills assessment approx 12 weeks back. The evaluation is not promising and the ICT skills have been assessed as unsuitable for migration under 261311 (Analyst Programmer) of the ANZSCO Code.

I have been assessed as not meeting the requirements for professional information technology experience of four (4) years in a field closely related to your nominated skilled occupation.

I checked with the Case Officer who came back mailing this -

'The minimum would be a 2 year relevant work experience requirement. This involves having a bachelor or higher, with an ICT major that is closely related to the nominated occupation.

Please note that under the circumstance you find an ANZSCO code that may achieve that outcome, that same ANZSCO code will then have to be assessed against your work experience, which may then not be accepted. So bear in mind that it is a little tricky.'

The 'Summary of Criteria' just specifies the relative experience slabs but doesn't map it to the corresponding ANZSCO code. Could somebody temme under what code should I apply to get a positive evaluation of the skills.

Thanks in advance

I suggest you have a look at a migration web site and see if your skills are needed, I think a lot of the computer side of things is disappearing off the skills list. After all we keep exporting these jobs to the companies operating overseas these days.

Is changing ANZCO code goign to help? It won't necessarily help. Did you check your qualifications and experience against this document? http://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0016/7324/Summary-of-Criteria.pdf From the detail you have supplied it looks like your degree is not closely related to your work experience hence needing 4 years. It may be best to hire a migration agent to help you with the finer points of putting in a review of the decision and/or your next move.

The 'Summary of Criteria' just specifies the relative experience slabs but doesn't map it to the corresponding ANZSCO code. Could somebody temme under what code should I apply to get a positive evaluation of the skills.

Thanks in advance

I don’t think anyone can tell you what ANZSCO code to apply under without viewing your qualification transcripts, employment references and duties.

The ANZSCO code is not an arbitrary number which you should just guess at (as this has already got you into trouble). It is a code based on the specifics of YOUR qualifications and employment background.

Archived