Onshore PR Granted (Partner) Melbourne.

Mark 1234

Not to bore you with the details, but I'll give you a quick rundown of the time scale.

November 2011: Entered Australia on a 3 month tourist visa. Australian wife was already here.

31st January 2012: Applied for Partner Visa and received bridging visa.

18th February 2013: (13 months later) Received first email from case officer asking for a new penal clearance from UK and one from a European country I had resided in for several years, plus health examination.

February - April: Much toing and froing regarding evidence that we were still living together since the original application.

March: I was still awaiting the final piece of paperwork (police clearance from the European country), but unfortunately had to return to the UK due to family issues. CO said a fax sent to the Melbourne embassy and forwarded to DIAC may suffice. The fax didn't arrive in time. I left and basically gave up on the whole thing.

10th September 2013: Case officer emails me and says he wishes to close the case, but if I have that last police clearance and am willing to return to Australia, he will process the application (no guarantees of acceptance)

I returned this week on a tourist visa, and within hours of landing, my permanent residence partner visa was granted.

And that's that. I will now spend 6 months in Europe, 6 months in Oz over the next five years.

Archived