mountain biking in brisbane/sunshine or gold coast

Guest hoffer

Hi everyone

In preparation for my move im hoping i can get to know some like minded males that enjoy that little adrenaline rush that mtb brings.

As part of my weight loss i started getting into biking and now may be considered obsessed. Hoping to meet others that also share the same interest of biking and beer

Cheers

Find the local shop and ask about. They probably have a shop crew or club that you can tag along with. I'll be in WA but that's me and my mate have done and people welcomed us with open arms. It's also a real blast to ride trails that are predominantly dry for the year!

ill be going to that then. Ive just upgraded both my bikes in preparation for the dryer weather. Just hope the wife doesn't realise the cost

• 1 month later...
Hi everyone

In preparation for my move im hoping i can get to know some like minded males that enjoy that little adrenaline rush that mtb brings.

As part of my weight loss i started getting into biking and now may be considered obsessed. Hoping to meet others that also share the same interest of biking and beer

Cheers

I live bayside and ride Daisy hill and Redlands bay. There are trails all over state it's really popular. If you pm me once you are living here I'd be happy to take you for a ride on the weekend.

I live bayside and ride Daisy hill and Redlands bay. There are trails all over state it's really popular. If you pm me once you are living here I'd be happy to take you for a ride on the weekend.

Cheers for the offer that really is appreciated. I am hoping I will have my bikes and be ready to ride first or second week of Feb so will definitely make contact.

Cleveland area is also on our short list of locations to look at

Thanks Again

• 2 weeks later...
Cheers for the offer that really is appreciated. I am hoping I will have my bikes and be ready to ride first or second week of Feb so will definitely make contact.

Cleveland area is also on our short list of locations to look at

Thanks Again

Take a look at the following links:

http://www.mtbdirt.com.au/qld-trails

http://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/environment-waste/natural-environment/bushland-parklands-wetlands/natural-areas/reserves-wetlands-parklands-and-forests/mt-coot-tha-reserve/mt-coot-tha-mountain-bike-trail-map/index.htm

http://www.weekendnotes.com/mountain-biking-in-brisbane/

MTB is very popular here - and the weather is so much better. Tons of trails for every skill level. It's amazing to be able to fit in a 2hr trail blast BEFORE going to work! Gap Creek trails, Mt Coot-Tha are my playground. Since moving here I've been thrashing my bike. New wheels, new BB, chain etc., along with various upgrades - all because I'm just wearing it out. Am going to have to save up and get myself a real All Mountain monster... There's a great guide too - Where to Mountainbike in South East Queensland. You can probably get it on Amazon before you get here so you can start salivating over the MTB adventures you'll have! There are also MTB mags like Flow that showcase the great trails over here.

Bike shops here are good too - especially the non-major-chains but Chainreaction cycles ship to Australia and bill in $AUD - excellent delivery times and free delivery for orders over $99...

Good luck!

Just as an extra to my other post - your location, Essex... I'll assume you've been a regular around Epping Forest. Was where I first got into MTB. The trails here in QLD are IMHO so much better, more like trail centres but without the poor weather and with the chance for a BBQ too. Brilliant single track with plenty of features - maintained by volunteers with council support. You'll love it!

• 1 month later...

Archived