Migrate to Oz

Mark88

Hi fellow expats/ ex expats...

It is our dream to take our young family down under to give them the best future possible.

My wife has worked hard and gained a foundation degree in hospitality & tourism an I also gained a diploma in science just this year.

We can't see a way to gain a visa or get good paying jobs.

please please could someone direct us in the right direction.

kind Thanks

My wife has 12 months experience in a hotel supervisor/management role and I haven't been able to gain employment in my desired sector although I do have 3 years exp as an insurance broker (no formal qualifications). Is this helpful?

on western australia's state sponsorship list (http://www.migration.wa.gov.au) there are a couple of hotel/hospitality management occupations available for state sponsorship (190 or 489 visas). I think your wife would need a couple more years experience though but it is worth checking the list to see if any of these are a match for your wife's job and if so contact the skills assessor 'Vetassess' to find out if her qualifications are of a comparable standard and how much experience she needs. WA are changing their skills list very soon though so keep an eye on it in case those jobs are removed from the list.

I don't know if any other states have jobs that match on their lists, its just we are applying for WA so know more about theirs.

Archived