Any Social Workers????

jen140977

Hi, we are thinking of Perth or Adelaide at moment, where were you, why have you come back??? Jen:biggrin:

how exciting, I have friends that live in both places and love it!

Im not the best person to speak to really as I'm not full of positivity about sw in Sydney, but I was already at a disadvantage as I can't drive (epilepsy) so getting a semi decent job was very hard, as they don't use the disability discrimination act, just tokenistic gesture! So ALL jobs worth applying for, had as standard driving required, even most hospital jobs...very annoying!

So I couldn't get a children and families sw job, I did secure a forensic sw job but didn't start it as by that point nearly two years in, I developed severe anxiety...build up of lack of jobs/ job opportunities for me and the frustration that child protection was so dire...lack of support network and on it goes!

Im so excited to get back to work in the UK, I find it must more professional and even though children still die it is vastly better.

That is just Sydney, I'm not sure how it varies state to state, not much better I have heard but like I say I couldn't get frontline just more ' behind the scenes' job for a while! So if I was able to get a proper job initially I'm sure this would have helped!?

You have to try it, some people seem to love sw in oz, some return as they find it so bad..

Hi

I am a social worker on a child protection team in Victoria. I have had my ups and downs after 3 and a bit years I left my team but returned to manager position about 7 months later cause I realised I actually love what I do :-)

It's no holiday over here same job nicer weather. The system is about 10 years behind but it's fair to say in the 4 years I have been here things are changing for the better.

If I can help in anyway just ask

Lou

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Archived