Vetassess help

pilotg2

I'm trying to get an understanding of the Vetassess process. What outcome 'should' we expect. Need help here please.

My wife is under 149311 and luckily has 15yrs experience with all her job titles containing the word Events!! Her degree is Bachelor of Arts in English and Creative Studies which i'm guessing they may take as non related(!) but we've since found on her Uni website, under her course that "Event Management" is listed as "Opportunities" after the degree... should we make Vetassess aware of this? They have only just received our docs.

I'm trying to workout how many points we can submit to EOI(once the result comes in). Does the Vetassess result give a points score for degree and experience that can then be submited for EOI?

And potentially how far back will they go into her experience as we may then need to submit further docs as she has changed jobs every 3 years so getting all the docs will be a nightmare!

Having looked at the vetassess site for that occupation, I cannot see that it makes any difference whether the degree is related or not, it would make a difference if she only had a year or two experience, but it will make no difference to your wife.

The skills assessment is just a pass or fail. Sometimes people wil ask for additional services like assessing work experience but that is not the skills assessment, it is just an extra service that an individual might choose and immigration may chose to ignore the findings anyway as they will make their own decision. For that reason, it is usually best to declare as little work experience as you can, so thre is nothing to quibble over. Better to boost points with a good IELTS score where there is no room for debate.

are you going for a state sponsored visa? Or is the occupation on the SOL? Just curious.

Thanks for the info - we getting up to speed on the process!

So even if vetassess validate the degree but say its non related, can we still claim the 15 points with immigration for the degree? I don't think we'll bother with the vetassess points assessment then if it's not fact.

We planning to apply for state sponsorship, hopefully with WA if we on the new list and meet the new criteria or ACT (listed as limited).

Thanks for the info - we getting up to speed on the process!

So even if vetassess validate the degree but say its non related, can we still claim the 15 points with immigration for the degree? I don't think we'll bother with the vetassess points assessment then if it's not fact.

We planning to apply for state sponsorship, hopefully with WA if we on the new list and meet the new criteria or ACT (listed as limited).

There is no requirement for the degree to be related to the occupation for the immigration points test.

Archived