Hello,

I arrived in Perth on 3rd October, i'm on a year working holiday visa and will be looking to go further a field in the new year. I'm looking to hopefully do my harvest work this way if i can get it. I'm currently staying with friends but It would be great to know if anyone else is based this way? I will then be going solo and would like to travel up the east coast and hopefully a trip to NZ too. It would be amazing to share the experience with as many people as possible, please do let me know if you are wanting a travel buddy :)

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Carla welcome to the forum. How are you finding Perth? We have a few members over there on WHV at the moment so hopefully they will be along soon to offer advice. Where are you thinking of heading next?

Hi Carla,

My gf and I get into Perth on 18/10/13. We have 12 month working visas and will be travelling and working are way around Aus. I've been to loads of website to find work with no joy. How have you come across work, and do you know of a good hostel (cheap) to stay at?

Cheers

Guest The Pom Queen
Hi Carla,

My gf and I get into Perth on 18/10/13. We have 12 month working visas and will be travelling and working are way around Aus. I've been to loads of website to find work with no joy. How have you come across work, and do you know of a good hostel (cheap) to stay at?

Cheers

Jonathan there are plenty of vacancies on this forum have you had a look through. Remember they won't even consider you for a job until you arrive.

Hi Jonathan,

Only just seen this message, looking at the date you would be arriving today, how exciting ;) i'm on a 12 month visa as well. not secured work yet as i was to try and find harvest workm but no joy in that either. I don't know a lot of hostels but there is the YHA in perth so maybe give that a look. Do let me know your travelling plans.

Hi everyone. I'm near Perth - Quairading, working in a shearing team for a few more weeks more, then on to the next thing. I've saved a little money up so now I'm keen to go exploring and meet some interesting people. Heading over to Melbourne next probably. I'm keen to explore nature, working with the land and sustainability - I guess I'm a bit of a hippy although without the drugs.

Archived