carpentry vetassess test 19th oct

surfandsea

Hi all.

I have my carpentry vetasses this month,so im reading up on the latest health n safety.

my question is... When it comes to hipped roof and gable im guessing there will be plans with the degrees or should i bring my construction calcuator to work it all out?

Just a little uncertain of the whole day? Dont know why im worrying? Ive been a chippy for 17years lol

• 3 months later...

Its nothing to worry about dan. I passed with flying colours (pomqueen) I took mine on a sat and there was 7 of us. the examiner was chilled out and just wanted to get the work done and go home lol so we had an induction. then had to on a big table put up a stud wall 900length x 1200 wide with a door hole. then had to build 3 gable rafters with a hipped roof. That was it. very easy and simple if ur a carpenter. Its all to spec within 5mm And they DO check your work. then afterwards he goes through a big booklet which he fills out asking random questions about setting out,cutting lists,job management. very easy stuff.DONT WORRY. I worryed my ass of then got there and thought jeeeez this is basic lol

Its nothing to worry about dan. I passed with flying colours (pomqueen) I took mine on a sat and there was 7 of us. the examiner was chilled out and just wanted to get the work done and go home lol so we had an induction. then had to on a big table put up a stud wall 900length x 1200 wide with a door hole. then had to build 3 gable rafters with a hipped roof. That was it. very easy and simple if ur a carpenter. Its all to spec within 5mm And they DO check your work. then afterwards he goes through a big booklet which he fills out asking random questions about setting out,cutting lists,job management. very easy stuff.DONT WORRY. I worryed my ass of then got there and thought jeeeez this is basic lol

Cheers for getting back to me and im stresing like mad.

:arghh:

Ive been a carpenter for 15 years but i havnt had to a hipped roof since i was in college, we use trusses on site. but i think ive got my head around what ive got to do.

I was after some information about the rest of the day. Some people have said they had to build a saw bench and they were asked questions about shuttering and scaffolding components is this what you had to do?

Also the health and safety questions, were these related to working in the uk or australia and are the standards similar?

Im doing my test 25th jan in London, was this where you did your test?

Cheers

Archived