Can a TR apply for mortgage loan in Australia?

cheryh79

Hi cheryh79

Temporary Residents in Australia can obtain a mortgage, the percentage is usually restricted to a maximum of 80% loan to value (LVR) however there are some lenders that can consider up to 90% LVR.

The default term for a mortgage (home loan) here is 30 years.

Of course your individual circumstances would also have to be assessed to confirm eligibility.

Just a side note, a temporary resident also needs to acquire approval from the Foreign Investment Review Board (FIRB) http://www.firb.gov.au/content/real_estate/real_estate.asp for permission to buy Real Estate. If you are living in Australia and the house is going to be your own home then this is normally just a tick box exercise.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Andy

Edited by Andrew from Vista Financial

Yes only a TR need apply a PR does not require permission.

Also it's worth noting that if someone is a TR and purchases but fails to obtain PR for whatever reason it is likely that they will need to sell the house (if an established home) when they leave Australia.

In relation to rules for mortgages for PR then it is possible to secure 90% mortgages and in some case 95%, again depending on lender and the individuals situation.

Regards

Andy

Hi,

I would like to know more about the mortgage loan of a TR.

Can TR take a mortage loan? How many percentage? and the max yrs of loan?

This website http://www.themortgageadvice.com/ deals with mortage. Does anyone know if they are the best resource for mortage loan? I was looking for a site that has had a lot of real user activity or stats to back up what they do. If someone has any ideas please post here or PM me, thanks!