Any freebies

SBREW

Hi All,

I was wondering who knows what regarding the finances of moving to Austrailia.

I have been told a few things: If sponsored you get tax free benefits, when buying your first house there is some sum the govenment pay? If you have a baby in Austrailia you get some kind of financial benefits as its helping to populate the country? Is this all gossip or is any of this information true?

I think it would be beneficial to understand whats on offer as a bonus for all the pain of the visa process LOL so anybody with the know how would be great to here from you.

Guest Letasha

Hey Sarah

Not sure about all your q's but i think u get $7,000 off of your first house that u buy. But, like everything there is certain rules. It has to be your first bought home in oz, you have to be a perm resident and i'm sure that even if u are returning from being there before this still stands. As for the baby allowance you can claim tax credits and I think they have the trust fund payments like here in the UK. Hava look on their tax website - its really quite helpfull (cant remember the exact link but the old faithfull google cam up trumps). Sorry i cant be more help but there will be plenty of the folks on here much more clued up than me xxx

Best of Luck

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Pinhead
Hi All,

I was wondering who knows what regarding the finances of moving to Austrailia.

I have been told a few things: If sponsored you get tax free benefits, when buying your first house there is some sum the govenment pay? If you have a baby in Austrailia you get some kind of financial benefits as its helping to populate the country? Is this all gossip or is any of this information true?

I think it would be beneficial to understand whats on offer as a bonus for all the pain of the visa process LOL so anybody with the know how would be great to here from you.

This is the VIC website for the grants for 1st home purchase.

First Home Owner Grant - General Information

Archived