Partner Visa Waiting Game and Offshore Job Applications

audre

Hi All

This is a question for all those enduring / have endured the Partner Visa waiting game. I have a fairly good estimate of when my turn might be for the Partner Visa to be granted.

Would I stand any chance of applying for jobs (with the idea of starting at the time I anticipate it being granted (8-9 month mark)? I assume I can let employers know I will be receiving my visa soon / it is being finalised and put this visa type on the ol' CV. Can I be offered / accept a job while this visa is being finalised outlining that I am expecting to get a Partner Visa?

Anyone tried this? I would love (like anyone) to have a job lined up already but I am fully aware of the challenges as an offshore candidate!

Help much appreciated!!

:arghh:

This is a good question!

I have read that it is recommended to put on a CV what Visa you have so that HR/recruitment agent can see that you are entitled to work. Are you hoping to get the Perm granted? I have read that employers can be twitchy about any visa that is 'provisional' or 'temporary'.

Do you have Skype? My hubby (the applicant) will be applying for work off-shore, but because we're expecting the visa to be granted Feb, we're not planning to leave until May. He's going to state in any covering letter that he can offer to have the first interview online. I'd be interested if this plan worked for anyone else!

Good luck!

This is a good question!

I have read that it is recommended to put on a CV what Visa you have so that HR/recruitment agent can see that you are entitled to work. Are you hoping to get the Perm granted? I have read that employers can be twitchy about any visa that is 'provisional' or 'temporary'.

Do you have Skype? My hubby (the applicant) will be applying for work off-shore, but because we're expecting the visa to be granted Feb, we're not planning to leave until May. He's going to state in any covering letter that he can offer to have the first interview online. I'd be interested if this plan worked for anyone else!

Good luck!

Thanks so much for the response and best of luck to you too! Yes, I have Skype and I am hoping to be invited for a Skype interview. I reckon they will see from my address that I am not there yet - if I give our Aussie address (my partner's), they might ask for a face-to-face interview assuming I am there - which I won't be able to attend until my estimated grant date (which is when I will be booking my flight)....

I am fairly certain I am getting the temporary 2 years granted in the first instance (de facto) but here is hoping they might look upon me favorably...I have also been told by PIO people that putting the visa type on the CV might be a good idea and many apps require one to state the visa type. So basically I am wondering how many of us are in the same boat and do we just go for it while queuing for the grant...

:nah:

Archived