Future Sydneysider

Guest Frenchy79

Guest Frenchy79

Hello everyone,

I am sorry to ask to ask the same old questions but here goes. I am moving over to Sydney in May on a 457 Visa. I am a 28 year old guy, single, and like my bars, restaurants, lively places, and want to be near either beach or water seeeing as I am coming all the way from the UK.

Where would you suggest I move to? bondi is not an option as not interested in backpackers or tack!!!

Thanks for you help - Frenchy. :spinny:

Guest mutikonka

Bondi is not especially tacky or teeming with of backpackers (I'd say Coogee or Kings Cross are worse). The darlington/Paddington/Surry Hills area is nice - as it Newtown/Enmore for more grungy/studenty appeal.

Guest Edinburger

I'm also 28 and move dover from the UK recently with my wife. We settled in Crow's Nest which is about 10 minutes north of the bridge (15 mins to the CBD on the train) and we love it. Great restaurants and bars, maybe a bit quieter than what you are after but it's close to the City and taxis are dirt cheap here. It's about 20 minutes on the bus to Balmoral Beach.

If you want to live right next to the beach then it might be worth looking at Balmoral area or Manly. Depends how much you want to spend really.

Guest Frenchy79

Thanks guys - was in Manly in Feb and thought it looked like fun. Also a nice escape from the CBD where I will be working!!! :spinny:

Guest english runner

Hi, i'm also moving to sydney in may on a 457 visa and planning to live in manly, i have few friends living there already and they love it so think that will be the place for me!

Guest Frenchy79

Same here but just wanted to check any other input - to be honest it was great fun there, chiiled out as well if needed!

Archived