partner visa - police checks and medicals question

audre

Hi all

I would appreciate any advice on the "what now" process... I have completed my police checks and medicals in August (as instructed by my CO) for an offshore partner visa (lodged in London). I sent the police checks and the medicals have been uploaded.

My police checks have returned a few days ago (as well as some original documents) and I have heard nothing about the medicals.

I emailed my CO to ask if any further info is required but got no response.

Am I just in the waiting game now? Are returned police checks a sign all is going well?

Thanks!

:arghh:

Just a waiting game now. Either your medical went fine and it went through or it was referred, in which case it takes three months to clear more or less. If you need more checks, your CO will tell you, so either way, a waiting game I'm afraid! Mine was referred and I still got my visa granted before the 9 month time frame.

Just a waiting game now. Either your medical went fine and it went through or it was referred, in which case it takes three months to clear more or less. If you need more checks, your CO will tell you, so either way, a waiting game I'm afraid! Mine was referred and I still got my visa granted before the 9 month time frame.

thanks tulip! I reckon this part is by far the most challenging - the WAIT.

here is hoping for a quick processing:)

What Tulip said.

They won't contact you unless they need to. So if you don't hear anything, don't worry about it, its perfectly normal. Your medical is all done online and you will be contacted if they require anything else in that area. I'd not worry about emailing asking them if they need anything else, they will let you know if they do.

Its normal for them to send back original copies of police checks. That is why they ask you to send a photocopy if it also which they keep. They just want to see the original also.

And yes, waiting game. Current timeframe is 8-9 months, so just sit tight is all you can do. I just got on with life and forgot about it pretty much. No point wishing the time away, doesn't make it go any quicker.

Archived