Shipping companies

DonnaBB

We used Grace around $6500 for a sole use container but we did all the packing other than fraglie items ourselves - they wrapped the furniture, packed fragile items and loaded the container.

We were more than happy with the service.

We used Grace around $6500 for a sole use container but we did all the packing other than fraglie items ourselves - they wrapped the furniture, packed fragile items and loaded the container.

Ooo.. That's the lowest quote I've heard. Will definitely get in touch with them. Did they supply the packaging?

Interesting LR

We moved at the same time

I paid $10000

Obviously to Spain not the UK but it's a heck of a difference

We are moving to UK in a month and are using Kents. We are taking a fair amount of stuff and sharing a container. Costs about $5200. Came out to see us and were very professional and helpful. They will also do all the packing and wrapping.

We used Seven Seas Worldwide and can't fault the service at all. Our crate arrived in Melbourne 8 weeks after leaving the UK and the cost was significantly cheaper than anyone else we obtained quotes from. I think the main reason for this is because we used their 'Movecube' service whereby they come and deliver a crate (different sizes available) inside a horsebox type unit, leave it with you for 4 or 5 hours whilst you fill it, and then return later that same day to take it away. The crate then arrives the same way when it is delivered to your Australian address and you unload it yourself. The driver's were all really helpful and friendly and we received regular updates and emails from their customer services department telling us what we had to pay, and when, and where our crate was. I think the cost including insurance and inspection fees charged by the Australian Government worked out at around £1,500. I'd suggest googling them as they seem to have really good reputation and are very well established.

Archived