WBC in urine test. Do we need to go for another test?

navingautam

Hello friends,

We are currently in Sydney. We applied for 189 Visa on 15 Aug 2013. My wife is the primary applicant and I am the secondary applicant. We have uploaded every required document. However, we are not assigned with any case officer yet.

We had also undergone medical check on 22 Aug 2013. But, my wife was on the second day of her menstrual period. So she was asked to undergo urine test once again on 30 Aug 2013. This time also, some blood were seen on the urine. So they referred her to GP for MC&S test. The test result showed everything normal (no RBCs seen, no protein, no sugar etc) except WBC count, which was above the normal range. The report was sent to the medibank by our GP on 5 Sep 2013. We are confused whether we need to go some other medical investigation to clear this up or WBC on blood is not a problem to grant PR visa in Australia? When I referred to DIAC website, it has words written that "No WBC should be recorded" on medical check guidelines. Your experiences and your suggestions would help us clear our confusions.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi have you had any follow up on this yet. I think I will fall into this category as our medical is tomorrow, and can't be altered, and low and behold my little friend makes it's appearance today. How much did the re test cost. It's a real pain as it means I would have to take more time away from work and the train down to Melbourne again too.

Hi have you had any follow up on this yet. I think I will fall into this category as our medical is tomorrow, and can't be altered, and low and behold my little friend makes it's appearance today. How much did the re test cost. It's a real pain as it means I would have to take more time away from work and the train down to Melbourne again too.

Hi,

If you are on periods they will ask you for retest after a week of last day of your periods. My wife went immediately after 7 days of her last day of period (considering 5th day as the last day). That was the mistake we did. For safe results go for retest at least 14 days after the first day of your periods (as some might bleed even on 7th or 8th day of the period). Also, drink plenty of water before the urine test. If possible do not go for the test early morning as I have heard that morning pee might have some traces of blood even in healthy person (but I am not sure about it).

You will get two more times for retest at MediBank and it costs nothing as long as they don't refer you to your GP. If you have already applied for medicare, you can use it for your visits to GP and lab tests.

Fingers crossed I can manage a clear sample. As long as there is no additional cost involved. We have Medicare, we are moving from a 457 to a PR. Just the 4 hour round journey to the clinic then! Thanks for the advice. Hope yours is sorted.

Archived