Queensland State Nomination

Gidza

Hi

I submitted my EOI a couple of days ago and was surprised this morning when i got an email from Queensland saying they are assessing my EOI and want me to fill in an application for state nomination with them.

However, they have given some conditions one of which states i should submit evidence of a job offer. To make matters worse they have given me 14 days to submit all the evidence or else my case will be closed with them. IS this practically possible to apply for jobs and have an offer in the given time? I

I indicated i am open to nomination from any state so am not restricting myself to Queensland. Second question is if i accept their invitation does it mean I wont be nominated by any other states. What are the effects of turning this offer down in anticipation of nomination by other states with less stringent requirements.

Thanks

Are you a GP, a fitter or a driller? I note on the Queensland sponsorship list that they require job offers before they will sponsor.

It is of course most unlikely that anyone could secure a job offer in 14 days from scratch. I guess you can see how you get on in the next 14 days and then let them close your file at the end of it. Yes it will put other states off if you are pursuing one of the others, but note that most states do not look for people to sponsor from EOIs, thet expect applicants to proactively apply for sponsorship, so I actually would choose a state you want to go to and be proactive.

WA does not take applications, it looks through the EOI and I thought it was the only one that did, so actually was a bit surprised that QLD contacted you.

Thanks Rupert,

No I'm none of the proffessions you listed. i'm an environmental manager.

The process can be confusing. I checked the WA website and you are right they expect you to indicate you want them to nominate you on the EOI and then apply directly to them for nomination. My proffession is currently available in QLD, SA, NT and Tas but I am not keen on the last 2. However, WA had it last year but not at the moment as their CSOL will be published on 1st Oct.

I thnk i would struggle to get a job offer in 2 weeks and besides when i sent feeers a couple of months back most employers would want someone with a visa already so it's a catch-22 situation.

I had thought by opening up to any state for nomination I would give myself a better chance but looks like some of the conditions are not favaourable like this requirement for a job offer.

Will see how it goes

Another requirement I found strange is the need to provide evidence of ''committment and desire to live and work in Queensland''. How does one evidence this? I am paying a small fortune to get this visa. Is that not evidence enough

Another requirement I found strange is the need to provide evidence of ''committment and desire to live and work in Queensland''. How does one evidence this? I am paying a small fortune to get this visa. Is that not evidence enough

No, you need to show your commitment to Queensland, not Australia.

Thanks Rupert. You are making things a lot clearer.

On a different note, does indicating on the EOI that I wish to be considered for subclasses 186 and 187 in addition to 190 i.e. regional and employer sponsorship improve my chances

Thanks

Archived