Any poms in umina beach,woy woy or ettalong???

Hi all!

I have posted on here a few times in the past. My husband is Australian and we have been up and down about emigrating over the last 3 years. We have finally decided to do it! House on the market and plan to come out next September. We love this area and my husband's mum lives in Woy Woy. I am very excited/ sad as I'm sure a lot of you are familiar with the emotional roller coaster that comes with leaving family, especially with kids too. One thing that I'm worried about is meeting friends and fitting in and I'd love to meet a few fellow Brits in the area? I know I'm not coming out until next September but it would be great to have some contacts for a coffee and a natter once we have arrived and settled in and most importantly having someone that is familiar with trying to settle and leaving family behind. My husband is great but being Australian we are having a different experience with this move as he is not leaving any family behind and taking grand children away.

At the time of arriving my daughter will be 3yrs and my son will be 7yrs. My son is on the spectrum, mild to moderate although you'd never know to meet him! We are still awaiting diagnosis here before we come out. This makes me a little nervous also as to how he will settle and fit in.

Anyone that is in the area or knows of any good play groups or ways to meet new people, all advice would be greatly appreciated. My biggest fear is being lonely! :-(

Thanks so much for taking time to read my post!

Sally xx

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived