Benefits keep on coming BUT IVE TOLD THEM AGAIN AND AGAIN!!

corinne14470

I am still getting the oz child benefit after leaving and informing them mid November last year. I think there is about $3.5k in reaped benefits but now my tax rebate has gone back in and I really need the case closing and shutting as I want back what is rightfully ours, close the account.

Send them a letter telling them that you won't tolerate this harassment (them giving you money) and unless they desist, you will take legal action against them. An unusual approach but it may work. Alternatively, send them a cheque for the money and close the account down so that you don't receive any more funds x

I am still getting the oz child benefit after leaving and informing them mid November last year. I think there is about $3.5k in reaped benefits but now my tax rebate has gone back in and I really need the case closing and shutting as I want back what is rightfully ours, close the account.

Send a letter to your local MP in Oz and ask him/her to forward it on your behalf.

Make sure you keep a record/diary of all letters and phone calls you use, and any people you have spoken too. In the event that they come chasing after you, you will be able to prove you took all reasonable steps to fix the situation, and the onus will be on them to rectify it in your favour without causing you undue hardship. They may even right it off. You could even try closing the account.

Dont waste your time with your MP.... They only forward your letter to the ministerial complaints section of the relevant government agencies. Also MPs are too busy right now trying to keep their jobs, or fighting for one with election coming up and your letter will go to the bottom of the pile...trust me. My suggestion, go onto the website of the relevant government agency, look for 'contact us' and lodge a formal complaint, advise them that you want to be contacted by a resolver within 7days to have this matter rectified otherwise you will forward your complaint to the Ombudsman. Government agencies have to be accountable and that's where the ombudsman comes in.

Archived