189 or 190? hairdresser. de facto partner evidence, help me!

tom1985

Hi everyone

Me (28) and my girlfriend (26) have been together since June 2008, both born and raised in the UK. We lived in my parents house together since approximately May 2009. We went backpacking around Asia together from January 2013 - April 2013. We arrived in Perth WA in April 2013 and are renting a house here at the moment, both on working holiday visas.

My girlfriend is a hairdresser and has a good job in a salon in Perth. She would like to apply for a skilled permanent residency visa. Hairdressing is on the skills list in Western Australia but doesnt seem to be on the main skills list. She has 60 points or 65 if she applies for state sponsored as I think this gives 5 extra points, right?

Does this mean she can only apply for a state sponsored permanent residency (190)? This is fine just want to make sure she applies for the best one for her.

I also wanted to ask about de facto partner evidence. As we have been together for over 5 years I would like to be granted permanent residency at the same time she is. Do I need to ask for this specifically on the application?

We lived with my parents so I am not sure how we can prove that we lived together. We did not pay any rent, don't have any joint bank accounts, her bank account was still registered at her parents house as the lived close by and she worked with her mum anyway. I can have my partents write statements and friends here in Australia and back in UK. We have photos and plane tickets etc. I'm really worried about being turned down for the de facto part as we don't have enough evidence. Has anyone else applied and been granted a visa without much evidence?

Thanks for your help.

Tom:biggrin:

As hairdresser is on CSOL, the only option is 190 visa, (or 489 state nominated).

As for proof of defacto evidence, yes you don't have very much. Statements from family etc are useful but would need to find more. On each others car insurance, other evidence of mail going to same address as yourself, money moved between bank accounts. I would not normally suggest this but as you have been together for so long - you could consider getting married, as this will waiver the 12 month defacto requirement.