Newbie to Sydney and looking to meet some new friends for drinks, meals and general fun!

Hi everyone,

I moved to Sydney a few months ago and have been settling in well. However, I am living with my friend and her husband and work for a small company so have only gotten to know a small group of people.... Who are great but I have found myself without plans for the weekend and I really fancy a girls night out (a little bit of self pity allowed?!)

So, this leads me to posting a thread on here in the hope of meeting new people leading up to the summer!

I am a 28 year old, single female from the South West of England. I work in the week and like to relax at the weekend with drinks or going for dinner. I would love to meet other single people or anyone who is up for meeting for either a night of drinks or dinner... Or going shopping or to the beach. I basically miss my girly days from back home and would love to make some new friends :)

Please do get in touch if you are in the same boat as me!

Luce x :biggrin:

Hi All,

Im in pretty much the same boat. I have met friends through work and travelling but really miss having a group of girly friends for shopping, drinks and lunch and so on. I moved here from Lincolnshire with my boyfriend and we are living in St Leonards at the moment. We have housemates right now, but no one is very social! Would be great to meet some fellow brits for girly nights etc :)

Jade :)

hey all, im sam im 26 (on weds). I arrive in sydney on monday all on my own. ill be living round the randwick area so would love to meet up with others. have you been on sydney forum? They plan meet ups on there too sam

Hi Sam.

Im in the north shore but I am mostly in the city, it would be good to meet up with you when you are free. I know how scary it can be arriving on your own!

hey thanks that would be great. Been talking to another girl on here whos up for a meet up too. I'll try and organise a time to all meet together, be nice to have a little group of us. next week im free pretty much anytime except monday or thursday morning.

sam

Hey Sam, hope you got here ok and the jet lag isn't too bad, I have seen your post on Sydney forum. I have a very exciting appointment with my dentist in the afternoon but could meet later. I am over on the north shore if you want to be brave and cross the bridge!

hey, we are planning on meeting in the evening so plenty of time after the dentist. we are going to meet somewhere in center as all coming from different areas. I have been to north shore before, 1st time I visited sydney I stayed in collaroy, loved the beaches up there.

sam

hello anybody & everybody, im just starting my 457 visa im done with the hostel and backpacking scene now and looking for friends who are more permanent, i have friends at work and flat mates but i need to branch out further basically......any comments much apprieciated!

hey all, im sam im 26 (on weds). I arrive in sydney on monday all on my own. ill be living round the randwick area so would love to meet up with others. have you been on sydney forum? They plan meet ups on there too sam

Hi Sam

i see you got AHPRA reg and living in randwick are you a nurse?

Theres a boat party with UK and Irish DJS on 12th October you should come! 2 of the guys running it are nurses at POW and there are always loads of Brits and Irish nurses on board. In fact all you ladies should come it will be a fab day!

check it out, I think this is the link xx

http://www.moshtix.com.au/event.aspx?id=67512&skin (1st release $45; 2nd release $55)

Archived