Perth Northern Suburbs - Electrician required

Goochie

We've just moved into a new property (rental) and really dont have enough sockets anywhere in the house. The landlord is very accomodating with most things and I expect he would allow us to fit more if we paid for it to be done (or at least went 50:50 with him).

Is anyone here able to give me a ball-park figure on what I should expect to pay to have a socket fitted alongside an existing double? Also, what do the Aussie regs say about fitting a double as a spur from an existing double? Can it be done or would the additional socket have to be a single.

I used to work for a socket manufacturer in the UK so I know the principles of doing this work, I just have no idea how much it would cost here in Perth (probably a gazillion times more than the UK!)

This isnt an uncommon situation, most older houses only tend to have one or two sockets per room. The standard answer (unless you'r really bothered by appearance) is to buy multiway adaptors from Bunnings that plug in and give you multiple sockets. Only a few dollars, and you can do it now.

Don't know about costs sorry, as you say potentially alot.

Nick

Archived