can I get a sponsor?

stoff101

Hi there, my occupation is no longer on the SOL, however employers in oz are still advertising job vacancies with the chance of a 457 visa for correct applicants.

Is this correct? Can I still be sponsored by a willing employer even though my occupation is not on the SOL? Thanks.

In it's simplest form, if you're occupation is on SOL then you can apply for 189 independant visa, go where you like. But on CSOL you need to go for 190 which requires you to get State Sponsorship (SS) which requires you to move to your sponsoring state for a minimum 2 years.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/169543-csol-sol-lists-whats-difference.html

I'm on a 457, your occupation need only be on the CSOL to be eligible. (it must be on the SOL for independent permanent skilled migration)

if you are only on CSOL you need state sponsorship, or employer nomination to help you out

As i understand it getting a 457 with a job on CSOL and your employer could sponsor you for a permanent visa in the future

word of warning is 457 is only a temp visa and i've not enjoyed the lack of security it gives one bit!

Hi there, my occupation is no longer on the SOL, however employers in oz are still advertising job vacancies with the chance of a 457 visa for correct applicants.

Is this correct? Can I still be sponsored by a willing employer even though my occupation is not on the SOL? Thanks.

You can obtain employer sponsored visas for occupations based on the SOL

I'm on a 457, your occupation need only be on the CSOL to be eligible. (it must be on the SOL for independent permanent skilled migration)

if you are only on CSOL you need state sponsorship, or employer nomination to help you out

As i understand it getting a 457 with a job on CSOL and your employer could sponsor you for a permanent visa in the future

word of warning is 457 is only a temp visa and i've not enjoyed the lack of security it gives one bit!

If you are looking to move to permanent residency you might consider prioritising your potential employer options in respect of your occupation to provide more options to PR than just relying on your employer.

Archived